Friday 21st July 2020
This is a peaceful, rural hideaway site with wonderful views, on the Wiltshire/Hampshire border within a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
Excellent for walking and cycling with many footpaths from the site, and close to Coombe Bissett nature reserve.
The site opens at 2pm on Friday, and the stewards for this meet can be contacted by the Wessex mobile phone on 07939 592 200.
Our usual ceilidh will be held on Saturday evening in Coombe Bissett and Homington Village Hall, which is about 1½ miles from the site.
It starts at 7.30pm, and is an informal folk dance evening, interspersed with song, poetry or music. You can bring your own refreshments, although tea and coffee is provided in the interval.
In the area
This is a nature reserve in a chalk downland valley close to the site, and well worth a visit
Coombe Bissett, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP5 4NB
OS Ref: 184/113239
- From Salisbury take the A354 West to Coombe Bissett.
- After the Fox & Goose public house turn left into the village.
- Follow the road for about ½ mile, then turn right into Pennings Drove.
- The site is a mile along this road on the left.
- Take care if using Sat Nav.
Dorset local bus Route 20 provides a servicefrom Coombe Bissett to Salisbury and Blandford Forum